21 September 2014

September Ipsy Glam Bag

It came! Finally! Look, I got real impatient and skipped the waitlist with various follows on FB, Twitter and YouTube. So sue me.
It includes:
Be A Bombshell Smooth Criminal Powder
Pacifica Natural Waterproof Eye Pencil in Gunmetal
Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Mask
Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss
Harvey Prince HELLO Fragrance

Though there are 18 different options, this is what was chosen for me based on my beauty profile. And I'm pretty happy. For a $10 subscription, the powder costs $12 and the fragrance $21 so...
The perfume is great and a pretty substantial 8.8ml rollerball. It fades quickly on me but it's nice while it lasts. The eye pencil is a joke. The color payoff is terrible, which is sad because I was really excited for a silver liner. It doesn't go on well at all. So much tugging. Not waterproof in the slightest - I can wipe it off the back of my hand with a finger. The powder, however, is phenomenal! It went straight to my makeup bag. I was just about out of my MAC Prep and Prime setting powder so I was happy to see this. And it gives MAC a run for its money. I dare say it keeps the oil down hours longer. I've had some brutal work hours lately and end the day still looking pretty darn good. The lip gloss I'm still up in the air on. It's an interesting texture. Very creamy for a gloss and very pigmented. Almost like a lipstick in gloss form. And I haven't gotten around to the hair mask yet.
So all in all, not bad! And a cute little edgy studded bag

No comments: